January 15, 2016 — Following several months of negotiations, Cox Automotive and CDK Global finally signed an agreement today securing Cox’s participation in CDK’s Third-Party Access (3PA) Program. The agreementt should eliminate any uncertainty in the market about whether Cox’s solutions would be able to integrate with CDK’s dealer management systems (DMS).
The agreement also standardizes the prices Cox will pay for various levels of access to the data inside of the dealership’s DMS. According to a press release earlier today, CDK says the 3PA program has two goals: to allow dealers the ability to access the data they rely upon to run their operations; and to ensure that dealers are able to access and manage that data in a reliable and secure way.
The following solutions owned by Cox are participating in the 3PA program:
- Service offerings for both Xtime and ServicePro, including appointments and inspection
- CRM offerings for VinSolutions and Dealertrack
- Inventory merchandising and analytics via vAuto, HomeNet, Dealer.com and KBB
- Marketing Services from VinSolutions and Dealertrack
- Dealertrack F&I offerings, including Desking and Menu
To read background of what precipitated the agreement: